Director Takahashi of Monolith Soft detailed the next patch for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that is set to release on Friday, December 22nd.
Along with a few bug fixes, the blog post mentions:
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
Takahashi also explained that they will continue improvements on the mini map as the team adds more quests and elements for new game+ playthroughs including, “In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.”
The 1.1.1 Patch will also distribute the following items to those who have purchased the Expansion Pass:
- Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
- Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
- Pyra’s Favorite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
- Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving
Unfortunately, there is no mention of fixing the game’s current frame rate and resolution issues when the system is undocked except for this quote from the Director: “And even though there may be times when we cannot address every need immediately because we are working on these improvements in parallel with the Expansion Pass, we truly appreciate your continued support for Xenoblade Chronicles 2!”
Despite the game’s performance issues when the Switch is undocked, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is an ambitious game with so much going for it. I’m enjoying my playthrough immensely and can’t wait to spend more time with it during the holiday break.