The most recent update for Final Fantasy XV is now live for players to download. The update combines patches 1.06 and 1.07 for a total size of 5.6 GB, and features the additions to the infamous Chapter 13 of the game. The alternate route is titled “Chapter 13, Verse 2” and can be accessed through the main story or through the Special menu on the title screen. Chapter 13, Verse 2 lets gamers play as Gladiolus accompanied by Ignis.
Additions and improvements in patches 1.06 and 1.07 include:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (New cutscenes and story bits to flesh out the chapter, play as Gladiolus using the combat system of Episode Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (can be seen at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests
- Addition of two songs from Episode Gladiolus to music player tracklist
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
Playing through Chapter 13, Verse 2 took me around 30 – 45 minutes. The gameplay is a nice prep for Episode Gladiolus. Gladiolus is the brute of the group, so his attacks are strong and meaty. Thankfully, he didn’t feel like a slow character and is a lot of fun to play. The new section of the chapter does provide some important story context, but nothing too substantial.
On that note, big props to the development team for the free update. It’s not out of the status quo to see a game receive post-release updates, but it’s nice that Square Enix is committed to making every FFXV patch a chance to improve the overall experience.
Stay tuned to Weapon Wheel Network for our review of Episode Gladiolus when it drops on March 28th.